The green gem set in this ring is a piece of dinosaur bone, which has had the individual cells fossilized with precious minerals. It is one of five gemstones created from organisms (the others are Pearl, Ammolite, Amber and Jet). This stone is also referred to as gem bone.
This green variety of Gem/dinosaur bone is rare compared to the more often seen black and red tones of the gem. This piece of Gembone hales from Wyoming, where it started forming upwards of 50 million years ago. Given the region it is likely this piece was once part of a Sauropod, triceratops or Ankylosaurus.
Each stone we have cut appears slightly different in color and pattern, giving every ring made a bespoke quality. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a custom size.
- Green Dinosaur/Gem Bone in 2 prong setting.
- Available in silver or 10kt white gold with high polish finish.
- Custom Sizing available upon request.
- This Item is made to order and ships 2-3 weeks after order placement.
- All Materials are sustainably sourced. Silver and gold are a fair mined and upcycled alloy.
- All jewelry comes with 'Keep Safe' soft jewelry box and care kit.